gtag('config', 'UA-140520347-1');
News Trending

Neymar, the football player, moved from Brazil to Barcelona nine years ago, and now he is being tried for suspected irregularities in the transfer. The Brazilian international who currently plays for Paris Saint-Germain is charged with fraud and corruption in a judicial battle that has dragged on for years.

One month before the World Cup in Qatar, the trial is scheduled to begin on October 17 and last for two weeks. Other individuals are also scheduled to go on trial. According to Spanish publications, the same accusations are levelled against Josep Maria Bartomeu and Sandro Rosell, two previous presidents of the Barcelona football club, as well as Neymar’s parents.

All parties involved in the dispute have consistently refuted the claims made by investment group DIS, which claimed it was due a 40% cut of the money Neymar paid to leave Brazilian side Santos in 2013. Legal disputes have long cast a shadow over the exorbitant transfer fees paid for the 30-year-old PSG midfielder.

An out-of-court settlement involving the footballer’s record €222m transfer to Paris St-Germain in 2017 was agreed by Barcelona and the player a year ago. When he signed a new deal in 2016, the team declared at the time that he needed to repay the millions of euros he had earned. But the Santos transfer in particular has resulted in a number of financial and legal disputes.

Due to irregularities in the transfer, Barcelona agreed to pay a €5.5 million fine to Spanish authorities in the Neymar 1 court case from 2016.

Prior to being exonerated of charges of money laundering for broadcast rights in 2019, Sandro Rosell, who resigned as the club’s president in 2014 amid the transfer investigation, served 20 months in prison.

Picture courtesy: Google/images are subject to copyright

News

A German doctor has been jailed in connection with a controversial blood doping case. He has bee found to have helped many athletes to cheat in their games. The majority of his clients were skiers.

A German court has awarded a serious punishment of five-year imprisonment to the German doctor, whose involvement in the case has been proved by the court.

A huge fine has also been imposed over the culprit. The court has also suspended his medical practice license.

The incident has sent shock waves across the sports world. He has triggered a serious discussion across the world.

It has triggered a serious discussion in the social media platform.

The incident has severely damaged the image of the European country of Germany, which is home to several talented athletes.

Germany is a very powerful country in terms of sports. It has several times stunned several reputed sports competitions with their performance.

Due to certain legal reasons, the German government has not yet released the clear identity of the doctor who has been punished by the German court.   

Photo Courtesy: Google/ images are subject to copyright 

News Sports

The rape allegations against the Brazilian football player Neymar Jr has now came to an end. The police investigation team, dealing with this particular case reportedly said that the case has been closed due to lack of evidence.

Neymar (27) has been accused of raping a Brazilian model Najila Trindade, at a hotel in the French capital in May.

Neymar said that he is being extorted, and has denied all the accusations against him. Neymar was not able to comment on the police decision, said a spokesman for Neymar to AFP.

The incident was first noted when a seven minute video has been released by him in his Instagram revealing that he had been accused of rape. He had also published the Whatsapp messages and images that he claimed to be of Najila.

Neymar, in the video said that he is publishing it for public to “prove that nothing really happened”.

Reports said that the prosecutors will be re evaluating the case before a judge makes a final decision.

Image courtesy: news .sky .com / images are subject to copyright

News Sports

Maxim Dadashev (28), the Russian boxer has died due to the injuries he suffered in his IBF light-welterweight fight against Subriel Matias. Reports said that this young promising boxer has been in a coma state after undergoing a brain surgery following the boxing match.

His death has been reportedly occurred in a in a US hospital. Reports said that Dadashev was unable to to walk himself to the dressing room, at the end of the 11th round on Friday, after Buddy McGirt, his trainer has stopped his bout.

He was suffering from bleeding in the brain, and was immediately taken to the hospital. But his surgery was not a success. An investigation has been opened by The Russian Boxing Federation.

Reports said that his death has been confirmed by coach Donatas Janusevicius, and trainer Buddy McGirt. To ESPN, they told, “It just makes you realize what type of sport we’re in, man,” said McGirt. He did everything right in training, no problems, no nothing. My mind is like really running crazy, right now. Like what could I have done differently? But at the end of the day, everything was fine (in training). He seemed OK, he was ready, but it’s the sport that we’re in. It just takes one punch, man”.

The Secretary general Umar Kremlev, in a statement, said that there was “some kind of violation”. “We lost Maxim Dadashev. He was our young prospect.

Image courtesy: hollywoodlife .com / images are subject to copyright

News Sports

Arjen Robben, the former former Bayern Munich and Chelsea winger has retired from football following a trophy-laden career at club level and having earned 96 caps for his country, which included playing in a World Cup final.

Robben is an ex-Netherlands international whose Bayern contract expired in June. He was hampered by injuries in last season.

He started his career at Dutch side FC Groningen 19 years ago, and had also played for Real Madrid and PSV.

“As everyone knows I have taken time after my last game at Bayern Munich to make a decision over my future. And I have now decided to end my career as a professional footballer”, said Robben.

He is well known for his dribbling skills, speed, crossing ability and his accurate left foot long-range shots from the right wing, Robben was regarded as one of the best players in the world in his prime.

In every cup that he had played for, he had won the trophies, including eight Bundesliga titles at Bayern and the Premier League with Chelsea in 2005 and 2006.

Robben, who faced injuries particularly in his last seasons in the Bundesliga said, “My love for the game and the conviction that I can still take on the world was up against the reality that things haven’t always gone the way I would have hoped and that I’m no longer a youngster of 16 who has no idea what injures can do to you”.

Image courtesy: wallpapercave .com, bbc .com / images are subject to copyright

Entertainment News Sports

The most awaited 2022 FIFA Qatar worldcup will be held with a total of 32 teams playing. FIFA organisers on Wednesday told that there will not be an expanded team of 48.

An opinion for expanding the tournament had came from the FIFA President Gianni Infantino. He also proposed the idea of adding additional host nations.

“Following a thorough and comprehensive consultation process with the involvement of all the relevant stakeholders, it was concluded that under the current circumstances such a proposal could not be made now”, said the sport’s world ruling body said in statement.

FIFA and Qatar looked for the possibilities of using another Gulf state for hosting an expanded tournament. But political and logistical complexities raised for using another host Gulf nation.

FIFA said, “A joint analysis, in this respect, concluded that due to the advanced stage of preparations and the need for a detailed assessment of the potential logistical impact on the host country, more time would be required and a decision could not be taken before the deadline of June”.

Image courtesy: tubularinsights. com/ images are subject to copyright

Entertainment News Sports

Roger Federer returns to clay after three years. Federer said that he was glad he made the decision to return to clay courts. He will be playing his first match since 2016, after break due to knee and back issues.

At the Madrid open, that starts on Monday, the world number four will be playing his first competitive clay outing since the Italian Open in 2016.

Federer said, “I’m happy that the decision I took last December, when I started feeling like I definitely want to play on the clay, was the right one”.

“I haven’t looked back yet during the clay court build-up, thinking, ‘Ah, maybe I shouldn’t have.’ I’m happy I’m here, I’m happy I am on the surface. It takes some time getting used to how to construct the points a little bit more because there is more baseline (play), a possibility to play with more angles and height. It’s been interesting and fun, but not so challenging”, added Federer.

After winning his most recent title in Miami, Federer said, “I’m very excited. It’s a good challenge, a good test. Confidence, I don’t know, it’s in no-man’s land. I have to start from scratch”.

Image courtesy: theusposts. com / images are subject to copyright

Games News Sports

Moise Kean, the Juventus striker suffers racist abuse from the home supporters during his team’s Serie A match at Cagliari, on Tuesday night.

“The best way to respond to racism- #notoracism” wrote Moise Kean in his official Instagram. Defender Leonardo Bonucci and Boss Massimiliano Allegri said that Kean should take some of the blame for his celebration.

Allegri said, “He shouldn’t have celebrated in that manner. He is a young man and he has to learn, but certain things from the crowd also shouldn’t be heard”.

“You celebrate goals with your team-mates. He could have done it differently. I think the blame is 50-50. Moise should not have done that and the Curva [fans] should not have reacted in that way”, says Leonardo Bonucci.

The incident happened after England players were subjected to racial abuse in their recent game in Montenegro.

Image courtesy: dailymail.co.uk / images are subject to copyright

Games News Sports

Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are looking forward their play for their countries for the first time since the 2018 World Cup in Russia. Messi will be playing for Argentina against Venezuela for a friendly match in Madrid. Ronaldo is due to play for Portugal’s opening Euro 2020 qualifier at home against the Ukraine in Lisbon.

Both of the players had missed six international matches since the World Cup. Ronaldo scored 85 goals in 154 international games and could also play in Portugal’s game in Serbia on 25 March. Portugal reached this summer’s Nations League semi-finals without Ronaldo.

Portugal defender Joao Cancelo said,”Cristiano adds quality to any team. It’s a pleasure to play with him and he’s very important for us”.

Lionel Messi scored 65 goals in 128 international appearances. While he is set to play at Atletico Madrid’s Wanda Metropolitano stadium, Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero, Chelsea’s Gonzalo Higuain and Inter Milan’s Mauro Icardi are not in the squad.

Lionel Scaloni said on Messi’s return, “It’s a joy for me and for everyone that he’s back – we’re all very happy”.

Image courtesy: goal.com / images are subject to copyright

News Sports

The Manchester United and Barcelona will be facing a semi final spot in the pick of the Champions League quarter-final matches. Check out the scheduling :

UEFA Champions League quarter-finals

9 & 17 April
Liverpool (ENG) v Porto (POR)
Tottenham Hotspur (ENG) v Manchester City (ENG)
10 & 16 April
Ajax (NED) v Juventus (ITA)
Barcelona (ESP) v Manchester United (ENG)*

UEFA Champions League semi-finals

  1. Tottenham Hotspur / Manchester City v Ajax / Juventus
  2. Barcelona / Manchester United v Liverpool / Porto

The winner of semi-final 1 (Tottenham Hotspur / Manchester City v Ajax / Juventus) was drawn as the home team – for administrative purposes – for the final in Madrid.

Quarter-final draw

Ajax (NED) v Juventus (ITA)

Ajax won over Real Madrid, creating a tie with Italian Juventus. Ajax had fielded the youngest average starting 11 in this season’s competition. These two have some history in European competition, most memorably when Juventus defeated Ajax on penalties in the 1995/96 Champions League final.

Liverpool (ENG) v Porto (POR)

Liverpool overcame Porto 5-0 on aggregate in last season’s round of 16, all the goals coming in the first leg in Portugal – Sadio Mané scoring a hat-trick.. Liverpool have an excellent record against Porto. They had won three and drawing three of their previous six meetings in European competition.

Tottenham (ENG) v Manchester City (ENG)

The winners between Ajax and Juventus will be playing Tottenham or Manchester City in the semi-finals. Tottenham and Manchester City have locked horns in UEFA competition, for the first time.

Barcelona (ESP) v Manchester United (ENG)

Barcelona have a good recent record against United in this competition. In the 2011 final they beat United 3-1 with an inspired Lionel Messi, and in the 2009 final they triumphed 2-0. Barcelona beat Manchester United in the UEFA Champions League final in both 2009 and 2011, Lionel Messi scoring in either game.

Image courtesy: youtube / images are subject to copyright