featured News Trending

Spanish police have arrested a 25-year-old man suspected of carrying out a deadly shooting in the southern town of El Ejido near Almería. Authorities said the attack happened late Monday night and left two people dead, believed to be the suspect’s parents, while four others were seriously injured.

Among the injured were two young children, including a seven-month-old baby believed to be the suspect’s son, according to local media reports. An 18-month-old child and a 60-year-old man were also reportedly wounded in the incident and rushed to hospital for treatment.

Spain’s Guardia Civil said the suspect briefly fled before surrendering at a nearby police station. Investigators are continuing to examine the motive behind the shooting, which is considered rare in Spain, where mass shootings remain uncommon compared with other parts of the world.

Pic courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright

featured News Trending

A man drove a car at high speed into pedestrians in Modena on Saturday, injuring eight people, including four seriously, according to Italian authorities. One woman suffered devastating injuries and had both legs amputated. The vehicle crashed into a shop window near the city’s cathedral before the driver emerged carrying a knife and attacked a passer-by who tried to stop him.

The suspect, a 31-year-old Italian national of Moroccan origin, was eventually restrained by bystanders after injuring a man who chased him. Witnesses said the car suddenly accelerated toward the pavement at speeds estimated around 100 km/h, sending people flying. Officials said the suspect had previously been referred to a mental health centre in 2022 for schizoid disorders but later disappeared from treatment monitoring.

Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni described the incident as “extremely serious” and visited victims in hospital alongside President Sergio Mattarella. Meloni also praised passer-by Luca Signorelli for intervening to stop the suspect despite being attacked with a knife. Authorities are continuing their investigation into the motive behind the attack.

Pic courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright

featured News Trending

A tragic incident unfolded in Leipzig, where a car drove into a crowd in the busy Grimmaische Straße area on Monday afternoon, leaving two people dead and at least 22 others injured. Authorities confirmed that three victims are in serious condition. Emergency services quickly responded as chaos spread through the central shopping district following the high-speed collision.

Mayor Burkhard Jung stated that the 33-year-old German suspect has been arrested, though the motive behind the attack remains unclear. Officials believe the act was carried out by a lone perpetrator, with no immediate indication of a broader threat to public safety. Michael Kretschmer noted that the suspect had a history of mental illness.

Prosecutors have identified the victims as a 63-year-old woman and a 77-year-old man, both German citizens, and confirmed that the suspect is being investigated for murder and attempted murder. Authorities emphasized that there is currently no evidence suggesting a political or religious motive. The incident has once again raised concerns, as Germany has witnessed similar car-ramming attacks in recent years.

Pic courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright

featured News

Italian music icon Ornella Vanoni, whose timeless hit “L’appuntamento” gained global fame after featuring in “Ocean’s Twelve,” has died at her home in Milan at the age of 91. According to Italian media reports, the singer passed away late Friday following cardiac arrest. Known for her bold personality, emotional performances and distinctive voice, Vanoni was one of Italy’s longest-standing musical figures, with a career spanning more than seven decades.

Born in 1934 in Milan, Vanoni first stepped into the spotlight through theatre before transitioning to music in the early 1960s. She became a household name through televised music festivals and went on to release around 40 studio albums, selling over 55 million records. Her music explored themes of love, heartbreak, social struggle and womanhood, earning her national admiration and inspiring generations of artists.

Elegant, outspoken and fiercely independent, Vanoni retained a strong public presence well into her later years, appearing on talk shows and collaborating with new musicians. Known for hits such as “Senza fine” and “Domani è un altro giorno,” her voice remained a cultural symbol of authenticity. She once said she wished for a simple funeral and to have her ashes scattered at sea. “I have the dress,” she joked—“It’s by Dior.”

Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright

featured News Trending

A devastating fire erupted late Tuesday at a retirement home in Tuzla, northeastern Bosnia-Herzegovina, killing 11 people and injuring at least 30 others. The blaze broke out around 20:45 local time on the seventh floor of the facility, sending emergency crews rushing to the scene as residents struggled to escape the intense flames.

Authorities say about 20 people, including residents, firefighters, police officers, and medical staff, were taken for treatment, with several suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. Three of them remain in intensive care, according to the Tuzla University clinical centre. Officials have announced that a full investigation will begin once the building is secure, though the cause of the fire is still unknown.

Witnesses described scenes of chaos, with bed-ridden residents trapped on upper floors. The home’s director, Mirsad Bakalović, who said he personally knew all those affected, announced his resignation following the tragedy. Bosnia’s presidency chairman Željko Komšić expressed condolences to the victims’ families, calling the incident a heartbreaking national disaster.

Pic Courtesy: google/ images are subject to copyright

News Politics

Prime Minister Theresa May has said that the MPs have “one last chance” for backing to the Brexit’s “new deal”.

May said that a vote will be given to the MPs to decide whether to hold another referendum if they back the EU Withdrawal Agreement Bill.

The bill mentions and promises on workers’ rights, environmental protections and the Northern Irish border.

“The Prime Minister’s latest proposals are worse than before and would leave us bound deeply in to the EU. It is time to leave on WTO terms”, said Jacob Rees-Mogg in his Twitter. “We can and must do better and deliver what the people voted for”, he added.

Theresa May said, “I have compromised, now I ask you to compromise too”. She also mentioned about her resignation that she offered. She said that, “ l offered to give up the job I love earlier than I would like”.

She asked the MPs to support the Withdrawal Agreement Bill at its first parliamentary hurdle and then “make the case” for another public vote when the bill was examined in detail later.

Image courtesy: ft .com/ images are subject to copyright

News

A Swedish activist student named Elin Ersson caused disruption on a plane that stopped the migrant being sent home. She had been fined 3,000 krona ($324; £251) for trying to stop the deportation of the Afghan migrant. Her video of the protest received international attention.

“I’m not going to sit down until this person is off the plane, because he will most likely get killed,” said Elin. The video shows how airline crew and other passengers persuade her to sit down and to stop filming. She was removed from the plane, with a 52-year-old Afghan and his escort from the Swedish Prison and Probation Service.

Elin said in the video that she disagree with Sweden’s policy of sending the rejected asylum seekers back. She got a very large social media support, although some accused her of grandstanding.

Sunaya Paison
Photo Courtesy: Google/ images are subject to copyright

Crime News

Five people killed and several got injured in the Aurora mass shooting, that happened when a gunman opened fire at an industrial park in Illinois, USA, police say. The authorities confirmed that the shooter, Gary Martin(45), an employee at the company was killed in a shootout with police. Five police officers were shot and wounded. Of the five officers wounded, two were airlifted to nearby trauma centres. Police said that he was reportedly sacked prior to the attack.

Aurora Police Chief Kristen Ziman said that Martin was acting alone. The incident is said to have taken place at Henry Pratt Company, a firm that makes valves for large water pipes. Ziman said that the first two officers were shot shortly after arriving.

Officers declined to speculate on a motive for the attack, but the Chicago Sun-Times newspaper is reporting that his family say he was made redundant two weeks ago and had been “stressed out”. The names of the people killed has not yet been sent out by the authorities.

Sunaya Paison
Photo Courtesy: Google/ images are subject to copyright

Crime News

No further proceedings take place in case of UK-born kid, Cheryl Grimmer who disappeared in New South Wales nearly 50 years ago. The trial of the man accused of murdering the toddler stopped as the evidence submitted were not accepted as valid by the court.

Cheryl Grimmer disappeared from Fairy Meadow Beach on January 12, 1970 and her body was never recovered. A 65-year-old man was arrested in March 2017 and had been charged with the murder of the toddler. His name was not revealed since he was underage at the time the kid was found missing.


The man accused of the murder (left) at Sydney airport in March

The man pleaded he was innocent and a murder trial was due to commence in the NSW Supreme Court on May 27 this year, but Justice Robert Allan Hulme on Friday ruled that an interview the man made on April 29, 1971 – when he was 17 – could not be used in the trial. “The Crown accepts that its case cannot succeed without [the interview],” said Justice Hulme.

Sunaya Paison
Photo Courtesy: Google/ images are subject to copyright

News Politics

The British Prime Minister Theresa May has suffered yet another embarrassing defeat after MPs voted down her approach to Brexit talks. On Thursday the MPs voted by 303 to 258 – a majority of 45 – against a motion endorsing the government’s negotiating strategy, the BBC reported. The lawmakers remain resistant to May’s EU divorce plan. The reason for this situation is that Teresa May has lost the support of many of the long standing leave campaigners in her own party.

The defeat has no legal force. Downing Street said that it would not change the PM’s approach to talks with the EU. “On a point of order, tonight’s vote shows there is no majority for the Prime Minister’s cause of action in dealing with Brexit. Yet again her government has been defeated. The government keep on ignoring parliament or plaving on towards the 29th of March without a co-hearing plan.” said Jeremy Corbyn.

Photo Courtesy: Google/ images are subject to copyright